Thursday, March 31, 2011

Update to Grapefruit Scones

Since Blogger and I are having a disagreement about pictures, I guess the Lemon Pasta with Roasted Shrimp recipe will have to wait for another day.  ;)

Not to worry though!  I have an update to the Grapefruit Honey Yogurt Scones.  I was watching Food Network over the weekend, which is incredible in and of itself because I never have time to watch my fav cooking shows any more.  Anyway, I saw Giada was making scones so I decided to clue in to her technique and see if there was a less messy way to pull them together than what I tried originally.  And yes there is a way!!

If you have one, process the flour mixture and butter together in a food processor until the butter is the size of small peas.  Pour this into a bowl and add the wet ingredients.  Mix together with a fork until moistened (if the dough is too dry, add a little of the grapefruit juice from the segmenting process).  Using your hands, scoop out handfuls of the dough and drop onto a baking sheet that's been lined with parchment paper.  Pat down slightly.  Brush the six dough balls with a little milk and sprinkle with the grapefruit sugar.  Bake as directed.

Did you see that?  NO MESSING AROUND WITH A FLOURED BOARD!!!  Wahoo!!!!!  Less dishes to wash and less overall mess to deal with.  Gotta love it right?

If you still haven't tried these yet I'm going to recommend, yet again, that you do.  I made them again over the weekend and Rob and I love that we can grab these quick on the way to work.  I'm considering making them again but using tangerines instead of grapefruit, just to try a little sweeter flavor.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment