Monday, March 14, 2011

Individual Microwave Chocolate Cake

Yes, you read that post title correctly.  You can make cake, for your own special wonderful self, in the microwave.  Do you hear the angels singing because I sure did when I saw this recipe!!
New use for a latte mug
I love sweet baked goods.  Probably a little too much actually which is why I don't make them as often as Rob would like me to.  I'm especially drawn to cake and brownies (cookies are awesome but I prefer them fresh from the oven).  I like to make cakes and brownies but then Rob and I are "stuck" eating an entire pan of said sweetness for days on end until it's gone.  What if I want something different?  (Oh, and in case you're wondering, Gavin only gets treats when he finishes a complete dinner, which unfortunately isn't often.)
Flour, sugar, cocoa powder... all the basic goodness
Another challenge I have is timing.  Often I am craving some delectable baked good but then Rob won't be around much to help me eat it.  What's the point in making a giant layer cake if it's going to be three days before my other half will help me attack it?  *sigh*

Enter this lovely little gem.  It's quick.  It's easy.  It totally satisfies that baked chocolate craving. Yum!!
Mmmmmmmm....chocolate!

Microwave Chocolate Cake 
Recipe from Food Network Magazine

1/4 cup flour
5 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp canola oil
Dash of salt
Dash of vanilla

1.  In a latte mug, whisk together the flour, sugar, and cocoa powder.  Add remaining ingredients and whisk until batter is smooth.
Won't win a cake beauty pageant but man is this good
 2.  Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
This is how I like to enjoy my nice warm single-serving cake
 3.  Top with favorite chocolate cake toppings (I like fresh strawberries and chocolate sauce) and enjoy!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment