Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

I love, love, looooooooooooooooove cinnamon rolls.  Do you?  Have you ever tried making them?  I confess that I have not.  I'm still in the way-too-intimidated-just-by-glancing-at-a-recipe phase for that one.  Maybe someday... I'd really like to make them though because I love, love, loooooooooooooooooove cinnamon rolls.  For now, I settle for the trusty refrigerator canned kind to get my cinnamon roll fix.

But then I found this pancake recipe.  Hello cinnamon!!  These truly have all the warm goodness of a cinnamon roll but without all that rolling and sprinkling and cutting and so forth.  All the skills I need are stirring and scooping.  Yeah, I can handle that on a sleepy Saturday morning.  I bet you can too. ;)

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tbsp white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp ground cinnamon (Yes, a whole tablespoon.  Don't be afraid)
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tbsp vanilla extract

1.  In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
See? You want lots of cinnamon
2.  In a separate large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, honey, butter and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mixture.
Prepare to scoop the batter!
3.  Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium low heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot with maple syrup. 

Cook, my lovelies...
I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before how much we love pancakes right?  Yeah, we love pancakes.  So this is really just the best of both worlds: we get the pancakes we adore, PLUS the bonus taste of lovely, lovely cinnamon rolls.

Eventually I'll get over my issues and finally tackle the homemade cinnamon roll world.  For now, I think Gavin is perfectly fine with my pseudo-replacement.
Typical Saturday morning breakfast response
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment