When things are simple in my life, I can focus a wee bit better on other areas I'd like to develop. Areas like new blog posts to share with you. New crochet projects to tackle. My Summer Activities Plan for my boys, because God help us if we go into summer vacation without a plan; they'll eat me alive within 36 hours.
So here's to keeping things simple!
- Creamy Skillet Penne with Broccoli and Sausage. Does it get any simpler than a one-pot meal? No, not really.
- Brace yourself: it's NOT pizza night for us this week! *gasp* I know!! Gavin's school is having their big Family Night so we'll be up there all evening having fun. Since I'm not able to volunteer to staff this wonderful, crazy event, I am donating a big pot of Cheddar-Broccoli Soup for the soup/chili bar they'll be offering.
- Swiss Chicken
- Steamed Peas
- Personal pizzas. Ok, ok, so I'm still sneaking in a pizza night. In my defense, I've got some dough in the fridge that I have to use up. My big boys will be out all evening, and Kieran loooooves to play with dough. I thought he might get a kick out of making his own little pizza. This should be entertaining!
- Quesadillas. I've got some of this and that in my freezer for filling options, but my little boys will just have plain cheese.
- Guacamole and chips
- Slow-cooker refried beans. How often have you seen this pop up on my meal plans lately? I cannot stress enough the beauty of making big batches of food and freezing them in smaller portions. Time. Saver.
- Portillo's Beef Sandwiches. Yup, again with my freezer. Because in my world, freezer meals = simple meals.
- Parmesan potatoes
- Field greens salad.