Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lime Baked Tilapia

So many times, the best recipes are the simplest ones.


Not sure why this keeps surprising me, but it does. Thank God I like surprises!

Lime Baked Tilapia
Recipe from Bobby Deen
Prep time: 3 minutes   Cook time: 8-12 minutes

Cooking spray
4-5 tilapia fillets
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Zest and juice of one lime
1-ish tbsp butter

1. Preheat oven to 375. Coat a large, oven-safe skillet with cooking spray.

2. Lay the tilapia fillets in the skillet, making sure they don't overlap too much (if the skillet looks crowded, get a bigger pan). Season the fillets with salt, pepper, lime zest, and lime juice. Place a little bit of butter over each fillet.
5 fillets used up my freezer stash, so I filled up my biggest pan.

I love where this is going already.


3. Bake about 8-12 minutes until fish is cooked through.
Only manners would keep me from eating this right out of the pan.


This dish is FABULOUS. It's light. It's refreshing. It has zip. And it's satisfying. Even my Picky Eater likes this dish!!

Not only do I love this recipe for it's simplicity, I also love how versatile it can be. Don't like tilapia? Use a different mild-tasting fish. Want to play around with different citrus fruits? Go for it! Or, better yet, try combining a few. I wonder how Lemon-Tangerine Tilapia would taste?

I'm not sure, but when I try it I'll be sure to let you know! ;)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment