Thursday, March 13, 2014

This Week's Meal Plan

We have company coming this weekend: my beautiful Twin Cousin (so-named because our moms are twins), her husband, and their two gorgeous little girls. I am so incredibly excited that I'm not sure I can quite put it into words appropriately.

So I'm channeling that excited energy into my meal plan.

I'm really looking forward to cooking for them this weekend!!!

Thursday

  • Grilled cheese sandwiches. Because Gavin asked for them, and I like to make my boys happy when I can.
  • Roasted tomato and black bean soup. Before you think I some kind of Super Cook who can pull out a few extra hours of everday, this little beauty if courtesy of my freezer. I really love my freezer.
  • Carrot sticks. My boys don't always like every soup I make, so I like to have a little something else that's healthy and I know they'll eat.

Friday

  • I'm still making pizza, because Rob loves his Friday Night Pizza, but Gavin's kinda over it. So lately I've been offering easy alternatives like cheese and crackers with fresh fruit, or hot dogs, or maybe some leftover mac & cheese if I have some. 
  • Popcorn. Nothing changes a child's love for popcorn.

Saturday


Sunday (I do have a semi-organized breakfast in mind of mini-oatmeal/chocolate chip muffins with some honeyed Greek yogurt and fresh berries. We'll follow that up with lunch out on the town.)

  • New Recipe! Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches. The plan is to check out some local, downtown Milwaukee sights for most of the morning, with a brewery tour late in the afternoon. A good, hearty, make-ahead meal will most likely be essential. 
  • Cheesy potatoes. Again with the hot, hearty, make-ahead-ness.
  • Steamed mixed veggies. Not a make-ahead dish but these frozen beauties only take a couple minutes in the microwave. 

Monday (Rob said something about maybe whipping up some omelets for breakfast. He makes fantastic omelets!)

  • Our kiddos will dine on the "Blue Box" Special with a sitter while us grown-ups enjoy being grown-ups on St. Patty's Day!

Tuesday

  • Leftovers. I think I've earned a leftover night.

Wednesday

  • Pancakes
  • New Recipe! Chia Seed Pudding Cups with fresh (or frozen, in case I've run out of the fresh stuff by this point) fruit.
Happy planning!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment