Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Crazy Oatmeal

This is totally the wrong time of year now for oatmeal.  I know that.  But try telling Gavin that.  He continues to ask for oatmeal most mornings, and this is one of his favorite versions.


For a long time I had no name for it but when Gavin kept requesting it, I finally just christened it Crazy Oatmeal.  Mostly because Rob thinks I'm absolutely looney for loving this concoction.

Crazy Oatmeal
Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray

1/3 cup quick cooking oats
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 heaping tbsp creamy peanut butter
1/4-1/2 cup plain yogurt (depends on much you love yogurt)
2 tbsp honey

1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the oatmeal, water and dried cranberries.  Microwave on High for 1 minute.
Quick oatmeal is a 1:2 ratio.  So if you want less, use 1/4c oats and 1/2c water.


2.  Stir the peanut butter into the hot, slightly-too-soupy-still oatmeal.  Don't worry; the peanut butter thickens it up.
You don't want this too thick before adding the peanut butter


3.  Top with the plain yogurt and drizzle with honey.
Yes, I was generous.  We like yogurt here.


Yes, I love to eat a crazy concoction of oatmeal that a very famous cook developed for dogs.  And I'm not ashamed.  Because it's really good!  And ohmyGRACIOUS is it hearty!!  Eat this in the morning and I promise you will not be hungry for hours.  I've even been known to eat this at night.  It's just a hearty bowl of comfort and who doesn't love that?!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment