Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Indonesian Pork Tenderloin

It doesn't matter if the Family Cook is sick or not, we still need to eat.  So some meals over the weekend got shuffled around in my plan, and take out did get ordered at one point.  But I was DETERMINED to find enough energy to put this one together.  Soooo glad I did!


And it's truly amazing how much flavor there is in such few ingredients...

Indonesian Pork Tenderloin
Recipe only slightly adapted from Kitchen Confidante

1 1-lb pork tenderloin
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
Vegetable cooking spray
1/4 cup mango chutney


1.  Preheat oven to 375°F.
Don't we all have these ingredients in our pantries?
2.  Combine soy sauce, peanut butter, red pepper flakes and garlic, stirring well. Spread mixture over tenderloin. Place in a 9x13 baking dish coated with cooking spray.  Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Thick coating


3.  Brush tenderloin with mango chutney and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until meat thermometer registers 160°F with a meat thermometer, basting often with chutney [Note: I hovered over the oven and basted every 2-3 minutes]. Remove from oven, cover lightly with foil, and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Quite possibly my new favorite condiment.

I may have been extra stuffed up when I made this but I still could smell the amazing aromas wafting from the kitchen.  And the flavor of this was INCREDIBLE!!  I'd never worked with mango chutney before, but I kept hearing about it so wanted to give it a try.  WOW!  The ginger especially came through and helped to balance the sweet mango and salty peanut butter.

We devoured this with some baked potatoes and a tossed salad.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment