Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cranberry Pork Tenderloin

One of my all-time favorite food pairs is pork and fruit.  I don't know why exactly but I think there are so many fruits out there that complement pork beautifully!  Apples, pineapples, cherries... I particularly love cranberries with pork.  Must be a family thing.  My brother came up with a cranberry pork chop recipe that is insanely good.  And now that I've said that I'll have to make it again soon so I can share it with you.


But anyway, it's my brother's recipe that gave me the inspiration for this one.  Now, he uses cranberry juice for his sauce, which is great but I very rarely buy juice.  (I know, I'm weird.)  I do try to keep cranberry sauce around though.... and this dish was born:

Cranberry Pork Tenderloin
Recipe inspired by my brother

One 1lb pork tenderloin
1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce*
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

*If it's feasible for you, because I know we're all busy, I'd strongly recommend using some homemade cranberry sauce.  Maybe you stashed some in the freezer after Thanksgiving?  No?  Oh.  Well, if you don't have any leftovers hiding in the back corner of your deep freezer, consider grating a little fresh ginger and orange zest into the canned kind to jazz it up. Just a thought...

1.  Preheat oven to 375.  Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.

2.  Combine the cranberry sauce and mustard and season to taste with salt and pepper.


3.  Lay the pork in the greased baking dish and pour the cranberry mixture over it, making sure the whole tenderloin is coated.  Bake for 25-30 minutes.  LET REST 10-15 MINUTES before slicing.


It doesn't take a mountain of ingredients to make a tasty, flavorful dish.  Sometimes things taste even better because of the simplicity!  I love dishes like this.  Easy.  Throw it in the oven.  Bake some potatoes, steam some veggies and I've got dinner done with very little hands-on time put into it.  I think I spent less than 10 minutes getting everything together.  Gotta love that on a busy night!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment