Thursday, May 3, 2012

This Week's Menu

Rob is out of town for the weekend so I need to keep things as SIMPLE as possible for the next few days.  These are the times where I realize how much I rely on him to keep our boys entertained so I can put meals together.
  • Thursday: Leftovers. I know my last meal plan had us eating leftovers on Monday, but a crazy weekend of sickies had my schedule totally jumbled.  Rest assured, we don't need to clean out our fridge that often!
  • Friday: Pizza and Popcorn. I am absolutely taking advantage of a pizza all to myself and experimenting with toppings. 
  • Saturday: Tacos. Happy Cinco de Mayo!
  • Sunday: Hot dogs, steamed carrots, and Crock pot Mac & Cheese.  (I'm totally stealing this menu idea from a friend of mine. Thanks Jenny!) [Update: The mac & cheese did not turn out well at all so I'll keep looking for other slow cooker variations]
  • Tuesday: Spaghetti, some kind of veggie, and garlic bread
  • Wednesday: Freezer Find. This is when I reacquaint myself with my freezer's contents and pretty much give myself a pseudo-break from cooking.  There's a reason why I cook ahead as often as possible, but it doesn't work unless I make the time to take advantage of it.

 Happy planning!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment