Thursday, November 7, 2013

This Week's Menu

With this whole craft business thing, you could say that I've returned to the Working Mom world.  Even though the hours are supremely flexible and my office totally ROCKS, I'm working to balance deadlines and family again.  And when it comes to crocheted items, the next few weeks is high season for me!  So you're going to be seeing even easier, faster recipes in my meal plan for a while.  And if it's something that takes a bit longer than 30 minutes, it's probably something I've stored away in my freezer for only the craziest of nights.

Because I always have, and always will believe that eating delicious, healthy, homemade food does NOT have to be difficult or stressful.  It's all in how you prepare. :)
  • Thursday: Leftovers. This is probably the fastest meal ever.  And with my tendency to cook especially big over the winter, this means I can often have leftovers 2-3 times a week.
  • Friday:  Yes, I'm doing the same thing, but I'm playing around with different crusts.  Mostly because my trusty breadmaker pan is busted and we haven't replaced it yet.  I think I've got a new one just about figured out and will share soon!
  • Saturday: Polla alla Cacciatora, and rice.  I tend to stock up on chicken thighs when I see them on sale.  It's time to use some of them!
  • Sunday: Between the CSA and my parents, I found myself inundated with bell peppers recently.  So I picked up a flank steak and added two gallon-sized bags of New Recipe! Steak Fajitas to my freezer.  And yes, I'm already going to pull one back out to cook up.  
  • Monday: Out latest CSA delivery (and yes, I know I need to catch you up on those) included spinach.  So of course I have to make Chicken-Mushroom Quesadillas!  Just one recipe makes up at least four meals for us.
  • Tuesday: Rob might be on his own with the boys for dinner.  So I'll give him a break and just tell him he's making sandwiches.
  • Wednesday: Looking over this spread, yup, I think another night of leftovers is in order!
Happy planning!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment