Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Southwest Black Bean & Corn Salad

How on earth did I forget to post this one?!?!?!  Oh yeah, I know how.  Between Rob's business trips, a wedding weekend away, a guys' weekend, and more business trips it's all I can do to keep my head screwed on straight.


Still, that's no excuse not to share such an AMAZINGLY scrumptious recipe with you!  Especially when the temps are on the rise and soon gardens will be bursting forth. :)

Southwest Black Bean & Corn Salad
Recipe from Jenny Manning
Prep time:  15 minutes

2 cups fresh sweet corn kernels (or thawed frozen)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 avocado, cubed
1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
2 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1.  If using fresh corn, cook it until just tender.
Collection of ingredients


2.  Combine corn, minced garlic, beans, tomatoes, avocado, jalapeno, lime juice, and cilantro in a 5-cup non-reactive serving bowl; toss lightly. Season with salt & pepper to taste
I used a combo of red and gold tomatoes


3.  Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving to blend flavors.
Yum. Yum. Yummy yum yum.


I made this to have along side quesadillas, but honestly I think you could eat this as a main course if you wanted.  It's so wonderfully refreshing, hearty but light... I. Love. This. Salad!!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment