Thursday, May 30, 2013

This Week's Menu

Next week I'll be starting a fabulous and maybe a twinge frightening new food adventure: CSA!!  Rob and I decided to participate in Community Supported Agriculture this year and we get our first box of fresh produce AND eggs next Thursday!  EEEEE!!!!  I'm so excited and so nervous...  There are sure to be things in this box that either I've never heard of OR I'm positive I won't like.  But that won't matter!  Just like we constantly talk to Gavin about trying, and re-trying new foods, because our tastebuds are always changing, our whole family will be trying new things together this summer.  And don't you worry; I'll be documenting each box as I get it and taking you on this journey with me.

One week to go.... 
  • Thursday: I found some of those fancy tortellinis on sale a few weeks ago, plus I had a coupon.  I've been waiting for a night to keep things SUPER SIMPLE with this yummy pasta and a basic marinara sauce. Add in a tossed salad and some good, fresh bread and we are set!
  • Saturday: Grilled pork chops, New Recipe! Whole Wheat Cheddar-Garlic Drop Biscuits, and tossed salad
  • Sunday: New Recipe! Peach-Whiskey BBQ Chicken, pasta salad
  • Monday: Grilled cheese sandwiches, fresh veggies
  • Tuesday: Leftovers
Happy planning!!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Do we get a recipe for the cheddar garlic drop biscuits? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely...when I perfect it. ;) I followed the recipe as it is written, which is good but I think I can make it better. The flavor was good, but texture was more dense than I like in biscuits. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete