Saturday, August 17, 2013

CSA Week 6

At this moment, when all around me is crazy, and I'm just trying to get my kids and my life back to normal, all I can think is...."I got tomatoes and onions, and I have jalapenos in my own garden....SALSA TIME!!!"

Now who wants to make me a margarita to go with?



For Week 6 we got:
  • Red onions
  • Potatoes
  • Scallions
  • Tomatoes
  • Kale
  • Cucumber
  • Beets
  • Cabbage (again????  Ok LOTFOTL, I'm over the cabbage)
  • Corn
  • Summer Savory Herb (some kind of thyme I think?)
  • Eggs (not pictured)
Besides the salsa that I'm so stinking excited about, I'm going to use the corn in a couple different meals this week, and the potatoes and beets too.  The herbs I need to think on, and the cabbage is really beginning to stump me.  But I'll get it all figured out!

We are supporting LOTFOTL Farm by purchasing a Seesaw Share, plus a dozen eggs.  This means we will get a box of produce and a dozen eggs every other week. To learn more about CSA's and how to participate, visit www.localharvest.org/csa/ 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment