Thursday, August 1, 2013

CSA Week 5

Our CSA life is still going strong!!  If I haven't talked you into trying one yet, I seriously recommend at least checking it out and seeing what farms in your area do this.  I LOVE discovering what new little gems are waiting for us at each pickup.

For Week 5 we got:

  • Beans
  • Sweet Onion
  • Cabbage
  • Young Potatoes
  • Summer Squash OR Cucumbers
  • Kale
  • Parsley
  • Carrots
  • Cauliflower
  • Eggs (not pictured but we did get them; I didn't feel like pulling them back out of the fridge)
Now, you might notice that there are some things in the above picture that I don't have listed, and vice versa.  That's because we decided to participate in the Swap Box this week.  There's always a bin at the pickup location where you can take out things you don't like, leave them in the Swap Box, and grab extras of things you do like.  We've really tried to not use this too much because I didn't want to be tempted to take out the veggies that scared me and leave them in the Swap Box; that would defeat the purpose of our experiment!  However, I planted parsley in my little garden this year and it's going NUTS.  So I felt good leaving that in the box and taking a gorgeous head of lettuce.  Plus, I wanted a cucumber so we kept the zucchini, but traded the yellow squash for the cucumber.  So this week we really customized our veggies to what we wanted.  I'm looking forward to using them!!

We are supporting LOTFOTL Farm by purchasing a Seesaw Share, plus a dozen eggs.  This means we will get a box of produce and a dozen eggs every other week. To learn more about CSA's and how to participate, visit www.localharvest.org/csa/ 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment