Thursday, August 29, 2013

CSA Week 7

I think this is the week that I'm gonna get creative with fruit.  Why?  Because I have so stinking MUCH of it!!

A smart person would have made special note of the two melons listed in our "head's up" e-mail and maybe only purchased one or two other fruits to supplement.  But no.... I went ahead and caved to my (and my boys') fruit obsession.  I bought five.  I know.

It's ok though!  Because there's a watermelon & feta salad I've always wanted to try.  And I'm pretty sure there are a few cantaloupe popsicle recipes out there.  I'll get it used up!



For Week 7 we have:
  • Onions
  • Potatoes
  • Tomatoes
  • Kale
  • Cucumber
  • Scallions
  • Corn
  • Melon
  • Watermelon
  • Purple carrots
  • Basil
  • Eggs (not pictured)

We are supporting LOTFOTL Farm by purchasing a Seesaw Share, plus a dozen eggs.  This means we will get a box of produce and a dozen eggs every other week. To learn more about CSA's and how to participate, visit www.localharvest.org/csa/ 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment