Thursday, August 1, 2013

This Week's Menu

These are the weeks (you know...the ones right after a week or more of vacation) where I am SO STINKING THANKFUL for my freezer.  I am such a planner, especially with food, that it's incredibly hard to figure out meals each night without a game plan.  I would say 3 of the last 4 nights I've planted myself in front of my beloved deep freezer to see what bounteous offering she had for me.

Her offerings are starting to look a little light now actually.  Thank God harvest season is fast approaching!

But until I get to dealing with restocking her, I first need to deal with the next week's meals:

  • Thursday: Leftovers. I've pulled some big meals out of the freezer this week; plenty for us to clear out and make some space for our CSA vegetables!
  • Friday: Pizza and popcorn for my boys.  It's stadium food for Rob and I as we finally head out on a DATE!!  Gee, is it obvious I don't get much alone time with my hubby? ;)
  • Sunday: Cookout with friends.  And I volunteered to bring a dish but I don't have any guidelines on that yet.  So I'm thinking I just might get creative with my pantry.
  • Monday: Tuna Casserole, fresh bread.
  • Tuesday: Leftovers. Again.  When it's just my little guys and me, we don't go through dinners quite as quickly so I can get away with two leftover nights in a week.
  • Wednesday: New Recipe! Chicken (and broccoli??) Alfredo, tossed salad.
Happy planning!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment