Thursday, July 18, 2013

CSA Week 4

Slowly but surely I'm starting to get my computer life back together.  Just in time for me to "disappear" for a week!  I know, right?  I miss y'all!!  But summer vacation and time with family beckons.  So off I go, knowing that soon this Summer of Insane Activities will end, Harvest Season will really kick-off, and I'll be throwing myself back into my kitchen with gusto.

But before I head out, of course I have to share what I picked up today!  CSA Week 4 includes:


  • Lettuce
  • Broccoli
  • Summer Squash
  • Cucumber
  • Sweet Onions
  • Green Cabbage
  • Kohlrabi
  • Peas
  • Basil
  • Eggs
At this point, I will probably just work on preserving as much of this as I can.  Shredding/pureeing and freezing the squash to use in baked goods.  Maybe whipping up a quick pesto with the basil.  And freezing the broccoli and peas again, for later use.  There have been a few things that I've had to throw out just because I couldn't get to it fast enough.  I refuse to let that continue!  So it's cook it, or preserve it from here on out!

We are supporting LOTFOTL Farm by purchasing a Seesaw Share, plus a dozen eggs.  This means we will get a box of produce and a dozen eggs every other week. To learn more about CSA's and how to participate, visit www.localharvest.org/csa/ 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment