Thursday, July 4, 2013

This Week's Menu

Yesterday I learned why it's never a good idea to get groceries the day before a holiday.  There comes a point where you just have to step back and laugh though at how riled up people get over being first to the corn-on-the-cob bins or getting to the checkout lane before someone else.


Deep breath people!  It's just groceries. ;)

  • Thursday: Happy Independence Day!!  We're doing the traditional burger/brat/hot dog cookout with some tasty corn-on-the-cob and some sort of fresh produce from yesterday's CSA haul.  I've still got a few hours to figure out what I'm doing there. ;)
  • Saturday: We're spending the day in Chicago so I have ZERO meal plan for that evening since I don't know when we're getting home exactly.  I would reallyreallyreallyreally like to try one of the zillion tasty restaurants Chi-town has to offer, but that's me.
  • Sunday: New Recipe! Teriyaki Chicken with Warm Ginger-Carrot Slaw
  • Monday: Leftovers
  • Wednesday: New Recipe! Central Illinois Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, and a CSA veggie side
Happy planning!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment