Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015!

I'm BACK!

I know, I know...I've been gone a while. And I have reasons and apologies and explanations for it all. And I will explain myself, but not today. Today is about getting my feel for blogging again. For easing myself back into this.

And for me, it doesn't get much easier than a meal plan. ;)

Plus I got four food-related books for Christmas: one on home-preserving (oh just you WAIT until I get going on that one! EXCITED!!!), one on herbs & spices (eeeeee!!), and two cookbooks.

It's like my family knows me or something. ;)

Thursday. I think I've alluded to this before, or maybe I've outright said it, but I've been away so it's ok if I forget stuff. But let me make this abundantly clear now: Thursdays are always incredibly exhausting, draining days for me. Always. So my meals will almost always be in the realm of CRAZYSIMPLEEASY. And usually accompanied by alcohol.

  • Soup. I have many cartons of soup in my freezer. One of them will be tonight's lucky winner!
  • Bread. Because the dough is already made up.


Friday

  • Pizza
  • Buttered Popcorn. Psst! Want to know the secret to good, buttered popcorn? Melt your butter in a small pan and keep it going until the crackles and pops stop. Keep it going another minute or so to brown and then turn it off. Now you have brown butter to pour over your freshly popped corn and it won't make it soggy (because you just cooked the water out). Salt to taste. WARNING: once you start eating popcorn this way, there's no going back to microwave. It's too divine.


Saturday

  • Lasagna. It's time for my annual Stock the Freezer with Lasagna Day! I've been out of this tasty dish for a couple months at least. Unacceptable.
  • Fresh greens with a balsamic fig and blood orange vinaigrette.
  • Some kind of bread. Garlic bread if my boys are nice to me.


Sunday

  • Chicken Azteca. I have a busy afternoon and may not get home until just about dinner time. Slow cooker meals are ESSENTIAL for this kind of day.
  • Rice


Monday

  • Leftovers


Tuesday

  • Experiment! Herb-Brined Pork Chops
  • Experiment! Cheesy Orzo with Broccoli


Wednesday

  • Experiment! Chicken Breasts with Lemon, Garlic, and Rosemary
  • Baked potatoes
  • Experiment! Glazed Baby Carrots


Happy planning!! I MISSED YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment