Thursday, May 1, 2014

This Week's Meal Plan

I'm a Cigar Fest Widow this weekend.

Every year, conveniently on his birthday, my husband takes off with his friends for Bethlehem, PA to do whatever it is guys do at this annual event. I try not to ask too many detailed questions.

And while I love that he gets this fun time away, it does add some stress on me and our boys. So I do what I can to make those days that he's gone as fun as I can. We might take silly pictures and videos to send to Rob. We bake cookies. We plan seriously awesome Star Wars Day activities (three more days!!!). And I do what I can to plan meals that will make my kiddos smile. Because when the days are a little tougher to get through, it's ALL about finding those little things that make us happy.

Thursday

  • I thought that pancakes might help chase away any Daddy's Gone Blues.
  • Fruit salad. Because I have apples and pears that no one has touched and they neeeeeeeed to get eaten.

Friday

  • Not just any pizza night, it's TACO pizza night! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! 
  • Popcorn. 

Saturday


Sunday


Monday

  • Leftovers

Tuesday

  • New Recipe! Parmesan Risotto with Roasted Shrimp
  • Field greens salad

Wednesday

  • Spaghetti (thank you Freezer!)
  • Garlic bread. I might make this cheesy garlic bread if someone asks me nicely
  • Steamed green beans


Happy planning!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment