Thursday, May 22, 2014

This Week's Meal Plan

I had such great intentions yesterday. Get up and get my workout in right away (which I did), get the kids moving, finish the dusting, clean the kitchen because that's what I do on Wednesdays... And if it worked out I'd take Kieran to run out and get my garden plants.

My planned hour to find and buy the flowers, herbs, and veggies I wanted turned into an hour and a half. The additional hour I set aside to plant all my goodies while Kieran played around me turned into two, and it's still not all done. And the lovely light shoulder toasting I thought I was receiving turned into a lobster-red upper back. Because that's what happens when you get lost in the glory of creating something beautiful but still functional in your yard.

I spent the rest of the day lying on the couch with a cool, wet hand towel draped across my back and sucking down water in an effort to stay hydrated instead of working on some blog posts. You know, like I'd planned.

Seeing as how I can't really plan my days all that well lately, I'll take comfort that at least I can plan our meals like a pro.

Thursday

  • New Recipe! Freezer Steak Fajitas. I made these up just a week or so ago, and it wasn't my intention to pull them back again so quickly. However I remembered this morning that I have a birthday cake to bake this afternoon so I need something fast, easy, and cooked on the stove top. 
  • Southwest black bean & corn salad.

Friday Happy 3rd Birthday to my Sweetheart Angel Baby!!!!

  • Pizza 
  • Popcorn
  • Chocolate R2D2 Cake that my boys will get to eat first if Gavin makes his behavior goal in school this week.
  • And an FYI for you that I'll be chopping up a whole bunch of berries in preparation for...

Saturday 3 BERRY JAM DAY!!!

  • I have two gallon-sized bags in my freezer of what's left of last summer's strawberry picking adventure. And since the new berry-picking season is a mere month away, I have GOT to use these babies up! Plus I've been out of 3 Berry Honey Jam for quite some time, which just depresses me. As a result of all this jamming and subsequent canning, I am keeping dinner EASY and COOL with simple sandwiches. And yes, I promise to blog this jam recipe this time!
  • Chips
  • Tossed salad

Sunday

  • Berry Whiskey BBQ Chicken. Oh come on! You knew I'd make this now that I'm restocking my fav ingredient for this dish.
  • Baked potatoes
  • Steamed veggies

Monday

  • Hot dogs for my boys
  • New Recipe! LOBSTER with Lagavulin Butter for me and Rob!!! Hey, when my man asks if I'd mind him trying out a lobster dish for Memorial Day, what do you think I'm going to say??
  • New Recipe! Well, this is Take 2 for Whole Wheat Cheddar Biscuits. 
  • Field Greens Salad

Tuesday

  • Leftovers. I'll need it after the Food Coma I anticipate experiencing on Monday

Wednesday

  • Out for a Cub Scout dinner. Yay for two nights off of cooking!!


Happy planning!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment