Thursday, July 26, 2012

This Week's Menu

The word of the week is DISTRACTED.  I choose to say I'm distracted rather than stressed because to admit that I'm stressed just stresses me out more.  See?!  Stressful!

And though the process of meal planning can be stressful, it ultimately helps to alleviate mine because I can spend more time thinking about the children running through my house this weekend, and less time trying to decide what to make for dinner:
  • Thursday: My big boy turns FIVE!!!  We're going to enjoy a quiet family night with pancakes.
  • Friday: Pizza! Just Kieran and me tonight so I'm not bothering with popcorn.  Rob's taking the birthday boy out for a ball game so my little man and I will bond over a movie that I like.
  • Saturday: PARTY DAY!!!  Hence my stress distraction this week.  I'm not an idiot, we're doing takeout for dinner!  I'll try to get a picture of the cute PB&J sandwiches, "Rainbow Snack", fresh fruit, and chocolate cake though before our party kiddos devour them for lunch.
  • Sunday: I haven't made pecan chicken in a while.  Some rolls and a tossed salad would round out the meal nicely.
  • Wednesday:  Leftovers!
Happy planning!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment