Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tomato Baked Chicken

So I totally vanished on you and I really didn't mean to!  Honest!!  Rob and I had plans to get away for a long weekend in New Orleans (OMG FUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and my prep time last week totally got insane. Just crazy town at my house.  And unfortunately, as a result, getting up this post about this dish I made last week went straight to the bottom of my list.

But I have it here for you now!!


(p.s. In case you're wondering, yes, my tastebuds are still in a Food Coma from the weekend.)

Tomato Baked Chicken
Recipe slightly adapted from Kraft
Prep time: 10 minutes   Cook time: 30 minutes



1 small onion, thinly sliced

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast halves

1 1/2 (ish) cups chopped tomatoes, OR 1 can diced tomatoes, drained

1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese




1.  Preheat oven to 425ºF.  Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

2.  Scatter onion slices onto bottom of the baking dish; top with chicken. 

I used a smaller baking dish because I was working with less than 1 lb of chicken.
Can you tell I forgot, AGAIN, to thaw my chicken ahead of time?


3.  Combine tomatoes, dressing and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake 30 min. or until chicken is done. 
I could probably eat the tomatoes just as they are. With a spoon. Not kidding.

CHEESE.




I'm in a funny place with my garden right now.  I have a LOT of tomatoes, but they taking their sweet time ripening up for me.  There are TONS of green ones on the vine right now... and everyday I pick a few blushy pink ones, but not enough to really do anything with.  So slowly but surely I get some ripe ones and need to do something with them.  Like make this dish.  Which I think you should make it too.  Because it's awesome.  Even Gavin, my resident Picky Eater proclaimed this as good!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment