Monday, September 10, 2012

Shrimp Scampi

I know, I know, I know.  I've already done this one here.  And I love that version!  I really do.  But sometimes, even with simple recipes, you try to find simpler versions.  Or healthier versions.  Or both!

This one is both.  Very little oil (heart-healthy oil, no less). NO BUTTER. And cooks in 6 minutes.


Yeah. WOW!

Shrimp Scampi
Recipe from Cooking Light
Prep time: 3 minutes   Cook time: 6 minutes

2 tsp olive oil
1 lb peeled & deveined shrimp [NOTE: if you peel and devein the shrimp yourself, expect prep time to be about 20 minutes]
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup dry white wine
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp lemon juice

1.  Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add shrimp and saute 1 minute.
Naked little shrimps!


2.  Add the garlic and cook another minute.  Stir in wine, salt, and pepper and bring mixture to a boil.
I love the freshness


3.  Reduce heat to medium; cook 30 seconds.  Add the parsley and lemon juice; toss well to coat.  Cook 1 minute until shrimp are done.
I'm not sure a healthy dinner could be made any faster than this one.


You could totally spoon this over some hot angel hair pasta.  But I absolutely love to tear off a hunk of warm french bread and use that to soak up all of this lovely sauce.  And if you're feeling guilty toss together a quick salad so you can honestly tell your mom that you do eat your vegetables. ;)  See?  Dinner on the table in 10 minutes.  Faster than takeout!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment