Friday, April 29, 2011

Microwave Tuna Casserole

Ok, so before you shoot me down on this one, I'm hoping you'll take a look at the recipe and maybe even give it a shot.  Tuna casserole has a reputation; you either like it or you don't.  When I was little, if you asked me about this dish I probably said I didn't care for it.  I didn't outright hate it though; you could say I had a "meh" relationship with this casserole.  I think I was in high school when my mom came across a new tuna casserole recipe and that one TOTALLY changed how I feel about this classic dish.


Not only did I like the taste of this one better, but you also cook it in the microwave.  No oven necessary...wahoo!!

Microwave Tuna Casserole
Recipe from my mom

1 cup short-cut pasta, uncooked
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup frozen peas [if you're out of or don't like peas, just use another frozen vegetable]
2 cans of tuna, drained
1/4 cup diced onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can milk

Note: THIS HAS TO BE ASSEMBLED AHEAD OF TIME.

1.  Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish.  Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
Bowls are overrated; stir it up in the baking dish!


2.  Let come to room temp (if you've got the time).  Microwave on HIGH for 20 minutes.
Ready for a soak!

Yeah, that's really all there is to it.  Super easy to assemble.  Super easy to cook.  And I happen to think it tastes fantastic!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment