Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Beef Roast in Beer

Do you like simple?  I like simple.  And I don't think it get's any simpler than three ingredients.

Beef Roast in Beer
Recipe from Fix It and Forget It

One 2-3lb beef roast (I used a chuck roast)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 (12oz) can beer
1 large onion, sliced

1.  Place roast in slow cooker.  Poke all over the surface with a fork.  Season with salt and pepper (don't be shy!).

2.  Pour beer over roast.  Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
Get Ahead: Slice the onions the night before too and keep with the roast

3.  Add sliced onion to slow cooker.

4.  Cover; cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I was so excited about eating this that I completely forgot to take a picture of it all cooked!  Picture meat falling apart as I attempt to fish pieces out of the beefy, onion-y beer broth.  Served with some roasted potatoes and carrots with some steamed green beans and this was an AWESOME, minimal-effort meal. :)

The only "down" side I see to this recipe is the need to really plan ahead.  I attempted to make this over the weekend but when I refreshed my memory on the recipe and saw that 8 hour marinating time, I realized I needed to rearrange my meals for the week.  But you know, it worked out for the better this way and it was totally worth doing. :)

I love coming home to simple meal!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment