Thursday, July 17, 2014

This Week's CSA Meal Plan

My 3 year-old had his tonsils out on Monday. And I'm pretty sure I've been running on coffee and adrenaline since then. He's been exceptionally clingy, and quite crabby about his incredibly sore throat.

I don't blame him.

It does make things interesting from a meal-planning and cooking perspective. I'll be keeping things extra simple as I'll also be blending smoothies, mixing pudding, and whipping up other soft-but-still-somewhat-healthy nibbles for Kieran. I've never been a fan of making multiple meals for one family dinner, but that's pretty much what I'm faced with for the next two weeks. So here it goes!

To help with that healthy part, later today I will pick up:

Squash
Kale - This is totally getting smoothied!
Cucumber
Beans
Broccoli OR Sweet Onion
Beets
Cabbage

    Thursday

    • Bread
    • New Recipe! Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad (CSA item)

    Friday

    • Pizza
    • Salad (my garden is really starting to burst forth)
    • My boys will share some kind of soft foods smorgasbord. Applesauce and pudding will play starring roles.

    Saturday

    Sunday


    Monday

    • Culver's. We want to help raise money for a local, all-abilities playground.

    Tuesday

    • Leftovers

    Wednesday



    Happy planning!!

    We are again supporting Lotfotl Farm by participating in their Community Supported Agriculture program. Interested in doing the same? Find farms in your area that offer CSA, or similar, programs!
    Pin It

    No comments:

    Post a Comment