Wednesday, July 9, 2014

This Week's CSA Meal Plan

We are now several weeks into CSA season. And already I'm doing better than last year! It helps that even though we're getting veggies weekly instead of every other week, it's a smaller amount of vegetables so it's more manageable. Plus I'm sticking to my plan on not buying any vegetables at the store, unless it's for a recipe featuring something from our CSA box.

And we've added another vegetable to the "I Like This" Column (Swiss Chard). But, to be fair, we've also put one in the "Dear God Please Don't Make Me Eat This Again" Column (Bok Choy).

I like to be fair.

But anyway, tomorrow I will pick up:

Broccoli
Kale - I have breakfast/lunch intentions for this
Cabbage
Lettuce
Squash - Likely to be roasted and pureed to "hide" in future soups and sauces
Cucumber

I will use these lovelies in a variety of ways this week:

Thursday

  • Bread. Our CSA pickup is at a local bakery so I like to cruise their end-of-the-day sale selection. Since Thursday has long since been my most exhausting day of the week, and now I've added another hour of processing fresh veggies, I've decided that Thursday night meals will be as simple as possible during the CSA season.
  • Salad with radishes (from last week's box) and cucumber.

Friday

  • Pizza
  • Popcorn
  • Salad (CSA item, plus I've got a bunch in my garden that needs picking)

Saturday
Mizuna
This photo is courtesy of Lotfotl Farm; not sure my my watermark appeared.

Sunday

  • New Recipe! Grilled Salmon & Pineapple with Avocado Dressing
  • Steamed rice

Monday

  • Leftovers

Tuesday

  • Crispy chicken tenders
  • Steamed broccoli (CSA item)
  • Applesauce

Wednesday

  • Greek Tacos (this will use up any cucumber I have left)
  • Potato or KALE chips. Yup, I've tried the latter now and they really are tasty!


Happy planning!!

We are again supporting Lotfotl Farm by participating in their Community Supported Agriculture program. Interested in doing the same? Find farms in your area that offer CSA, or similar, programs!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment