Wednesday, July 23, 2014

This Week's CSA Meal Plan

This last week has been an intense lesson in patience.

As in, I need more of it.

My son is recovering from his tonsillectomy, slowly. Oh-so-slowly. And while smoothies were going to be my main way of ensuring he got something remotely healthy into his little tummy, I skillfully broke my blender on Day 2 of his recovery. Good job Jeanna!

I think we've reached that point where he has moments of mild discomfort, but is basically over the worst of it. So now I've got to re-teach him that meals are consumed at the table, that he can't whine to get what he wants, and no we are not going to watch "Frozen" every single day.

Wish me luck in retraining my 3 year-old!

Btw, here's what I'm picking up tomorrow:

Squash
Cucumber
Beans
Broccoli 
Chard 
Mizuna
Parsley

    Thursday

    • Bread
    • Balsamic Kale Salad. Because I have two weeks worth of kale in my fridge I need to use up.

    Friday

    • Pizza
    • Salad for me
    • Popcorn, but only if Kieran's doctor approves it.

    Saturday
    • New Recipe! Grilled Balsamic Steak Skewers
    • Baked potatoes
    • Mizuna salad with fresh raspberries, nectarines, and a peach-herb vinaigrette (CSA item)

    Sunday

    • New Recipe! Honey-Lime Glazed Salmon
    • Roasted beans (CSA item)

    Monday


    Tuesday


    Wednesday

    • Leftovers

    Happy planning!!

    We are again supporting Lotfotl Farm by participating in their Community Supported Agriculture program. Interested in doing the same? Find farms in your area that offer CSA, or similar, programs!
    Pin It

    No comments:

    Post a Comment