Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Honey-Lime Glazed Salmon

Truly, I cannot blog this recipe fast enough. Because you have to know about this. You have to make this. Why?

Because my Picky Eater likes it.


My Picky Eater, who has always hated salmon, who barely eats any seafood at all unless it's a supremely mild whitefish and even then it's often questionable, likes this dish!!!

I think I'm still in shock over that fact actually.

Honey-Lime Glazed Salmon
Recipe slightly adapted from Paleo in PDX
Prep time: 5 minutes   Cook time: 15-20+ minutes (depending on the thickness of your filets)

1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
Zest and juice of two limes
4 salmon filets
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400.

2. In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, honey, lime zest, and lime juice. Set aside.
Glaze takes all of 1 minute and 32 seconds to make.


3. Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper. Place the fish skin side down on the paper and season with salt and pepper.
Fat may be flavor, but don't skip seasoning your salmon either!

Mmmmmmmmmm....glaze.


4. Spoon the glaze over each filet. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until fish is cooked through (internal temp should read 145F).
I had THICK filets so mine baked more than 20 minutes.


Ok so let's say that no one in your house is much of a seafood eater. Or you make this and decide the buttery sweet-tart flavor of this salmon isn't to your liking. That's ok! I want to make one point very clear when it comes to cooking for "selective tastes."

Always keep trying

I am constantly trying new ingredients, and new cooking methods. Because our tastebuds are constantly changing. And even if we continue to despise one thing over and over again, you never know when you might stumble across that One Special Recipe that doesn't just make that thing palatable, but makes it spectacular.

That's why I keep pushing my sons. And my husband. And myself. That's why we participate in a CSA. That's why I will grudgingly cook up vegetables I have hated for 30 years in delicious oils and fresh herbs. And sometimes bacon if I'm really convinced I won't like it otherwise. Because I am always on the hunt for that One Special Recipe so that I can finally appreciate the goodness in what I once loathed.

And while I will accept when my Picky Eater gives me two thumbs down, complete with a gagging frowny face and the "NEVER make this again" comment, that doesn't mean I give up on an ingredient. I keep trying. I keep pushing. I keep going.

Because there's a massive world out there of delicious food, and I want all of us to enjoy it!

Oh and p.s. Go ahead and bake extra filets. The leftovers are fabulous flaked onto a salad for lunch!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment