Wednesday, July 30, 2014

This Week's CSA Meal Plan

I seem to be in sandwich mode this week. Now that I look over my plan, I see lots of sandwiches and sandwich-like items. And bacon. I'm using bacon several times.

Even I get stuck in ruts, either with a particular ingredient or flavor style. There are some weeks I'm heavily influenced by my always intense desire for nachos (mmmmmm, nachos). Some weeks I'm clearly craving Chinese. Sometimes I'm all about beef while other times I'm only inspired by pork dishes.

Funny how the mind works.

Anyway, here's our CSA pickup list that I'll grab tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get just about all of it used this week:

Carrots
Beans
Squash - if this is zucchini again I'm totally making zucchini brownies
Cucumbers
Broccoli
Romaine Lettuce
Sweet Onions

    Thursday

    • Mac & Cheese. I know I said I'd keep meals simple on Thursdays this summer. But Gavin gets his check-up in the morning, and as I'm positive needles will be involved, I think he'll need some comfort food afterwards instead of "rabbit food."
    • Sliced cucumbers (CSA item)

    Friday

    • Pizza
    • Salad for me
    • Popcorn

    Saturday
    • BLT's
    • Leftover mac & cheese. While I normally use this as a main dish, I know it's also often used as a side. Time I experiment a little to see what variation my family prefers!

    Sunday

    • Meatball subs, using my Freezer Meatballs recipe (I'll make up a huge batch so I can stash some away for later)
    • Fresh carrots and cucumbers (CSA item). I think it's nice to balance a heavier main dish with something lighter on the side.

    Monday

    • Leftovers

    Tuesday

    • New Recipe! Chicken Club Lettuce Wraps (CSA item: lettuce)
    • New Recipe! Garlic Cheddar Beer Bread

    Wednesday

    • Freezer Find
    • Roasted broccoli (CSA item)

    Happy planning!!

    We are again supporting Lotfotl Farm by participating in their Community Supported Agriculture program. Interested in doing the same? Find farms in your area that offer CSA, or similar, programs!
    Pin It

    No comments:

    Post a Comment