Tuesday, August 19, 2014

This Week's CSA Meal Plan

Did you know it's insanely difficult, to nearly impossible, to keep up with a food blog when your computer goes on strike?

It really is. Trust me, I know this first-hand now.

And here's hoping my crochet and clothing businesses do really well in the next few weeks because I guess I'm in the market for a new laptop. Ugh!!

In actual food news though our CSA pickup with week is frighteningly normal. So normal in fact that I'm not quite sure what to do with these grocery staples. After a while you get used to looking up recipes for kale and chard and mizuna and other assorted vegetables you'd never heard of before. I suppose it'll come back to me though:

Carrots
Sweet Corn
Beets
Melon
Tomatoes
Potatoes
Scallions

    Thursday

    • Date Night!! My kiddos will dine on boxed shells & cheese, because they love it and it's easy for the sitter to make, and probably carrot and cucumber sticks.

    Friday

    • Traveling

    Saturday
    • Traveling still

    Sunday

    • New Recipe! Chili Basil Flank Steak (psst! This is courtesy of my freezer. Can't wait to share this one with you!)
    • Roasted potatoes, beets, and carrots (CSA item)

    Monday

    • New Recipe! Marinated Greek Chicken
    • Tomato-Cucumber salad (CSA and neighbor's garden items)

    Tuesday


    Wednesday

    • Leftovers

    Happy planning!!

    We are again supporting Lotfotl Farm by participating in their Community Supported Agriculture program. Interested in doing the same? Find farms in your area that offer CSA, or similar, programs!
    Pin It

    No comments:

    Post a Comment