Wednesday, August 27, 2014

This Week's CSA Meal Plan

My boys start school next week.

Did you catch that? Boys. Plural. As in BOTH OF THEM. Which means two mornings a week, I will have a few peaceful, glorious hours of complete and utter quiet to do with however I please.

I'm honestly not sure if I'm giddy or terrified over this.

I don't think I'm going to figure out what I'm feeling though until I'm in that moment. Because I have so many things on my plate for this weekend, I'm once again questioning my sanity. The fun all kicks off with our CSA bonus purchase:

Napa Cabbage
Carrots
Beans
Scallions
Beets
Tomatoes
Potatoes
Red Basil
BONUS PURCHASE: 25 lbs peaches!!

    Thursday

    • Grilled cheese sandwiches, with a red basil pesto on this Mama's sandwich! (CSA item)
    • Sliced tomatoes (CSA item)

    Friday


    Saturday This is Canning Day! Did you see all those pounds of peaches on that list? Yeah, my little guy ended up being quite obsessed with peach jam last year so I knew I'd have to make more this year. And this is the day for it! Lots of peach jam, peach butter, and joining forces with a friend to make Guinness jam (yeah, this will be interesting) means I am keeping dinner simplesimplesimple.
    • New Recipe! Best Pulled Pork in the Slow Cooker
    • Cole slaw (CSA item)

    Sunday


    Monday


    Tuesday

    • New Recipe! Homemade Chicken Nuggets
    • Beans (CSA item)
    • Tossed salad (my garden lettuce is still going strong!)

    Wednesday

    • Leftovers

    Happy planning!!

    We are again supporting Lotfotl Farm by participating in their Community Supported Agriculture program. Interested in doing the same? Find farms in your area that offer CSA, or similar, programs!
    Pin It

    No comments:

    Post a Comment