Thursday, June 20, 2013

CSA Week 2

I'm so sorry for my silence this week.  Not only did the last couple new recipes I tried not turn out quite as delicious as I'd hoped, but my boys & I are also in full-blown Summer Vacation Mode.  And PBS' Cat in the Hat has apparently turned into our perfect theme for how we do things ("Here we go, go, go, go on an adventure!").  Whew... it's been hard to catch my breath sometimes.

I also don't have a meal plan to share with you today as we're headed out of town next week.  See? What'd I tell you...nothing but "go, go, go, go" for us!

It is our 2nd week of CSA pick-up though so I can at least share that with you:
Please ignore the slow-cooker full of Chicken Azteca.
This is my only kitchen window for natural light.



This is what we have for Week 2:

  • Lettuce
  • Scallions
  • Peashoots
  • Kale
  • Hakurei Turnips
  • Parsley (omg it's GORGEOUS!!)
  • Chard
  • Spinach 
  • Eggs
Well, since I'm traveling next week, some of this will be coming with to my parents house.  My folks are pretty adventurous foodies so I'm betting they'll be excited to play with these too!  Some I'll leave at home for Rob to munch on.


We are supporting LOTFOTL Farm by purchasing a Seesaw Share, plus a dozen eggs.  This means we will get a box of produce and a dozen eggs every other week. To learn more about CSA's and how to participate, visit www.localharvest.org/csa/ 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment