Thursday, June 6, 2013

CSA Week 1

Alright, so here it is!  Our first-ever selection of CSA goodies.  Mmmmm.....


We went with LOTFOTL Farm and are doing the Seesaw Share, plus a dozen eggs.  This means we will get a box of produce and a dozen eggs every other week.  After talking with friends who did this exact same share last year, we felt this would be a good fit for our family.  Especially considering we didn't know what kind of produce we'd be dealing with!


This is what we have for Week 1:


  • Asparagus (Jersey)
  • Scallions 1 bunch
  • 2 Lettuce (panisse, butterhead, or leaf)
  • Spinach 1 bag
  • Green Garlic
  • Peas
  • Rhubarb 1 bunch
 As for what I'm planning to do with all this?  Well, here are my thoughts...

  • Rob is over-the-moon about the asparagus (which I looooooaaaaaaathe with every fiber of my being), so he wants to grill it.  To make it more palatable for me, I'm going to do grilled bacon-wrapped asparagus bundles.  
  • Green Garlic Butter to go with some grilled steak sounds lovely
  • Classic peas and carrots
  • A rhubarb quick bread sounds yummy.  That or rhubarb compote.
  • The spinach I will use in our Squooshi packs, plus some salads
  • The lettuce is AWESOME on sandwiches, plus I'll make a giant salad this weekend to eat for lunches next week.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment