Monday, December 10, 2012

Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls

I made these for Gavin's snack day today at school.  SUPER cute. SUPER fun to make.  SUPER easy!!


Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls
Recipe from Dig This Chick
Prep time:  20 minutes   Cook time: 10 minutes

15 cups popped popcorn [This is about 3/4 cup unpopped kernals if you're doing your own popping]
1 cup sugar
1 cup honey
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp canola oil

1.  Mix honey and sugar in a pot and cook over medium heat until melty and boiling. Turn off heat, add peanut butter and vanilla and mix well.
Keep stirring until smooth


2.  Pour the canola oil on a plate so it's easier to get the oil on your entire palm. Pour the hot peanut butter mixture over popcorn and mix as gently as you can.  You will crunch some of the popcorn and that's ok.  Just try to get everything fairly evenly coated.
I had to use my largest soup pot for all this popcorn.


3.  When you are able to stand touching the popcorn (it’ll be hot!), palm the oil with both hands. Grab a clump of popcorn and firmly shape into a ball. Keep it up, dipping in oil as necessary (to prevent popcorn from sticking to hands). Makes about 20 three-inch balls.
A plate makes oiling your hands SO MUCH EASIER


One of my favorite things about kindergarten is Snack Day.  I actually don't often get a chance to play with snack recipes as my boys are satisfied with fresh fruit, goldfish crackers, cheese sticks, and the occasional granola bar.  So when Gavin has to supply his class of 18 students with a snack once a month, I get pretty giddy about it and hit up my cache of snack recipes.  This one I mentioned to Gavin when I found it, and after he finished drooling he immediately requested I make them for his next Snack Day.  Happy to oblige!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment