Friday, March 2, 2012

Busy Baking

There's snow in the air.  You know what this means don't you?  This means I just cannot get through the day without baking something.  Actually more like many somethings.  I NEEEEEED to have delicious aromas wafting from my oven and perfuming the whole house.

And you know I've got it bad when I've started my obsessive baking while still in my pj's.  Hey, I had to give in to my granola craving!

I also feel the urge to make bread.  Chocolate bread.  Chocolate bread with a hidden bit of nutrition.  That can't be bad, right?

OH!  And what else should I discover in my freezer but gobs of cranberries I squirreled away last fall.  Oh the OPTIONS..... Should I go sweet or savory?  Or just keep it simple and sauce them?  Decisions, decisions, decisions.

And peaking of sauce, you really don't want to know how many roasted tomatoes I still have that are also patiently waiting for me in the freezer.  It's downright embarrassing actually.  I think some saucing is totally in order for those.

With all this baking going on, what on earth is a girl supposed to make her family for supper??  Slow cooker to the rescue!  Pork loin, meet slow cooker.  Slow cooker, meet pork loin.  I think you two will get along very well. :)

Happy baking!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment