Thursday, April 17, 2014

This Week's Meal Plan

Every family has their seasons. Crazy season. Cake season. Travel season. Doctor Appointment season. Baby season. The list of seasons goes on forever.

My family? We're in Travel season. It's also Try to Find a Swimsuit that Fits season but I'll save that ugly drama for another day. Aaaaanyway, this time of year, pretty much every year, one or all of us is traveling. Usually it's just my husband on the road, though I've been known to run away with the boys now and then. Travel season is exhausting. We are in a short lull in between trips this weekend, but the whole season still leaves me more than slightly frazzled.

So frazzled that as I type this I'm also trying to finish up today's last-minute grocery list so Kieran (who is thankfully zoned out to Cat in the Hat right now) and I can hit the store within the hour; then get home to tackle that laundry, which includes somehow de-cat-hairing the futon downstairs so my parents have a clean spot to sleep.

*sigh* It's another day of neverending neeeedtogetthisdoneNOW. Including meal planning. At least I can check one thing off the list!

Thursday

  • Freezer Find. My freezer will unleash her glorious bounty while I try to make order of Laundry and Grocery Chaos.

Friday

  • Sooo much family coming into town for Easter Weekend that I'm taking some help. I'll still make a vat of popcorn, but Papa Murphy's will take the lion's share of the pizza-making.

Saturday

  • Again, with family in town and a big, homemade meal planned for Easter, it's quite possible we'll head out to a restaurant. I have one in mind but I'll wait and see what place our parents are curious to try.

Sunday This happy, holiday meal is made possible by the team effort of Family. I'd go completely bonkers if I tried to do this all myself! I know from experience for this to be very much true. Thank God I've learned my lesson.

  • New Recipe! Baked Ham with #9 Glaze
  • Oatmeal Pan Bread (thank you Mommy-In-Law!)
  • Some kind of salad (thank you Mommy!)
  • Sauteed fresh green beans with bacon
  • French Silk Pie with Coconut Crust (thank you Mommy!)

Monday


Tuesday

  • Grilled brats and hot dogs
  • Roasted potatoes & carrots

Wednesday

  • Leftovers


Happy planning!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment