Thursday, April 3, 2014

This Week's Meal Plan

It's one of those week's where I wish I didn't have a grocery budget.

I have my Recipe-Lustful Eye on a couple of seriously gorgeous looking recipes that sound sooooooooo good but also call for ingredients that are soooooooooo expensive. Not outrageously so, but enough that I really shouldn't try all of these recipes in one week.

Especially weeks when I need more big ticket items like diapers and laundry detergent.

But my problem is I'm so focused on two of these recipes, I can't really think of anything else that sounds good. That's kinda how it works for me. I get inspired by one or two recipes, which contribute to how I shape up meals for the remainder of the week. And I'm resisting this week's inspiration, which totally sucks because now I have no idea what to make when.

Maybe if I just pick one, that will help. Because I need to get groceries, and I can't do that without a meal plan in place.

I can do this!!

Thursday

  • New Recipe! Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes. I don't feel like dealing with Dinnertime Drama tonight. Whenever I feel like that, breakfast-for-dinner is often the best way to go. And since it's a typical Milwaukee-Gray Day, I think the therapeutic powers of cinnamon will be a nice, happy touch.
  • Warm applesauce, using the apples I have left in our fruit basket.

Friday

  • Shells & cheese. Gavin's new favorite apparently, which my boys will enjoy with their sitter as Rob and I get a rare night out.

Saturday

  • Chicken Azteca. I haven't made this in a while so I'm kinda surprised Rob hasn't asked me for it. Oh well, now I get to surprise him!
  • Rice. Because I like my azteca over rice.

Sunday

  • New Recipe! Blackened Shrimp and Corn Chowder. I'm doing it. I'm going to make shrimp fit into my budget this week so I can try this delectable sounding soup!
  • Fresh bread.

Monday

  • Lemon Pork Tenderloin. I was inspired by extra room in my grocery budget two weeks ago to pick up a couple tenderloins and whip up this marinade. This recipe freezes beautifully, which makes it one of my favorites to have around.  P.S. I'll give you Bonus Chocolate Points if you can spot the movie reference I just made. ;)
  • Baked potatoes
  • Field greens salad

Tuesday

  • Leftovers

Wednesday

  • New Recipe! One-Pot Spicy Chicken Riggies. My cousin and her family spent a couple years in New York, where I guess chicken riggies is a hugely popular dish. I'm intrigued enough to give this a try at least!


Happy planning!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment