Thursday, February 20, 2014

This Week's Meal Plan

If you follow me on Facebook, you'll know that on Monday the weather was a spectacular winter mess. Enough that as much as I wanted to try this fancy-ish stuffed chicken recipe, one look out the window had me craving soup.

Thank God for stocked pantries!!

The soup I made (allegedly Panera's cream of chicken & wild rice soup recipe) was fabulous but in desperate need of some health-ifying tweaks. So while I work on that, and on that Samoa cake I haven't forgotten about, I'll leave you with my current meal plan for this week:

Thursday
  • Leftovers
Friday
  • Pizza puffs
  • Popcorn is debatable as my sons suddenly believe eating ONLY popcorn for dinner constitutes a balanced meal.
Saturday (let's try this again, shall we?)
  • New Recipe! Goat Cheese & Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breasts
  • Wild rice
  • Balsamic green beans 
Sunday
  • Meatloaf Sandwiches [As it's just my boys & me for this, I'll split this into two and freeze one raw loaf to bake up another night. I like to take advantage of those Get Ahead opportunities!]
  • French fries
  • Fresh carrot sticks with dip
Monday
  • New Recipe! Pork Chops with Pears in Port Wine Sauce
  • Baked potatoes
  • Field greens salad
Tuesday
  • Takeout. It will be an insane afternoon, and I know when it's time to use those golden arches.
Wednesday
  • Leftovers. 
Happy planning!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment