Thursday, September 12, 2013

This Week's Menu

Looks like we are finally getting a little taste of Fall over the next few days!  I'm totally taking advantage and cooking a little heavier this week.  I'm also going to continue to make the most of my meal prep time by splitting most of these meals in two so I can freeze them for later.  Since it's rather difficult (and exhausting) for me to stock my freezer in one day's meal prep, I prefer to freeze things as I go along in my usual cooking routine.

  • Thursday: Quesadillas. Either this one, or this one, or plain.  I'm keeping an eye on a friend's little boy so I need some options.  And since I stashed containers of both fillings in the freezer, it makes for a super easy meal, even with three boys running around! (I hope)
  • Friday: Our usual but with a twist.  As the pan for my breadmaker decided to turn in it's resignation (that's a story for another day), I'm picking up some Papa Murphy's instead.
  • Saturday: Thanks to a little stash of peach jam, I'm actually going to follow the original recipe for Berry Whiskey BBQ Chicken!  I think keeping the rest of the meal simple with tossed salad and fresh bread will be awesome.
  • Sunday: Meatloaf, potatoes (mashed or baked, depending on the size of the ones we get from our CSA), and some kind of CSA veggie.
  • Monday: New Recipe! I'd like to play around with Pork Chops in Apple Butter since I have a couple jars left in the basement.  I haven't quite decided on the sides yet for this as I'd like to see what my fridge and pantry offer up to me by Monday.
  • Tuesday: Leftovers
  • Wednesday: One of the "drawbacks" of using fresh bread all the time is it gets stale quickly. I don't necessarily find that a bad thing though as I just cube up what's left and toss it in a bag in the freezer.  When the bag is full, it makes things like French Toast Bake a super easy meal option!
Happy planning!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment