Thursday, June 21, 2012

This Week's Menu

I love visiting family. The last week has been so much fun...days filled with yoga (for this Mama, that's a MUST), Vacation Bible School activities for Gavin, shoppingshoppingshopping, afternoons in the wading pool, games, movies, and good conversation. And what kind of week off would it be for me without INSANELY GOOD FOOD? ;)  I may not have yet played with my mom's food processor, but I am collecting a number of yummy recipes to try.  Oh, and Dad promised to show me how to make his TRULY AMAZING peach-blueberry pie this afternoon.  Y-U-M!!!!!

But with every week away, you always know you have to go back to the norm at some point.  And I refuse to go back clueless about what to make my family for dinner:
  • Thursday: At my folks for another few days.  Mom said something about grilling pork chops tonight.  I saw the meat she pulled out....pretty sure those chops are as big as Kieran's head.
  • Friday: Gotta keep up with Friday Night Pizza and Movie, even on vacation.
  • Saturday: Last full day here...*sniff*
  • Sunday: I'll be driving all afternoon so I want to keep this EASY, and preferably argument-free.  In my house, that's Chicken Piccata with rice and steamed peas.
  • Monday: Taco Night!
  • Tuesday: New Recipe!  Lemon Spaghetti with garlic bread and tossed salad
  • Wednesday: Some kind of quiche...either a quiche lorraine with bacon or I may raid some of the Easter ham I know I have hiding in the freezer.  Either way, it'll be tasty!

 Happy planning!!  I'm off to bake a pie. :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment