Friday, May 13, 2011

Key West Chicken

The weather this week has been fantastic!  Temps are climbing.  Plants are poking up from the ground.  Spring is coming...
Seeing my cherry blossoms bloom just fills me with joy
WOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And maybe it's the warmer weather, or maybe it's the fact that I'm about to have a baby in a week and a half, but I am overcome by this desire to keep meals as simple and as light as I possibly can just now.

This recipe totally hits both requirements.  Yay!

Key West Chicken
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes

2 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp canola oil
2-3 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp chopped garlic
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 

1.  In a shallow container, blend soy sauce, honey, oil, lime juice, and garlic. Place chicken breasts into the mixture, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 4-8 hours. 
Such few, humble ingredients pack a ton of flavor

2.  Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. 

3.  Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard marinade, and grill chicken 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear. 
Broiling: for the Grilling Inept, like me


I decided to leave the original cooking instructions on here because I think this dish would taste best when cooked on the grill.  I, however, used the broiler when I made this (which worked just fine actually) because I am not blessed with any grilling skills whatsoever.  So, if you are also in a like situation, or if the Grill Master in your house doesn't feel like firing up the grill, know that you have some alternatives to still get this great flavor.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment