Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Parmesan Chicken in Cream Sauce

It's recipes like this that remind me that good food does not have to be complicated food.


Nor does it require many hours in the kitchen.  How does 20 minutes sound?

Parmesan Chicken in Cream Sauce
Recipe slightly adapted from Kraft, by way of my mother-in-law
Prep time: 5 minutes   Cook time: 15 minutes

2 tsp canola oil
1/4 cup Panko (or breadcrumbs, or cracker crumbs, or leftover oven-toasted quinoa)
2 tbsp Parmesan
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup chive and onion cream cheese (or another savory flavor of your choice)
1/2 cup chicken stock

1.  Preheat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Panko is the easiest for me to keep on-hand


2.  Combine the Panko and Parmesan in a shallow dish.  Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt & pepper.  Dredge the chicken in the Panko mixture, coating evenly.
That looks pretty even to me, don't you think?


3.  Cook the chicken in the hot oil about 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through (lower the heat to medium if the outside gets too brown).  Remove chicken from the skillet and keep warm on a plate.
Golden brown, crispy chicken.  *DROOOOLING*


4.  Add the cream cheese and chicken stock to the skillet and whisk to combine, gently scraping up any brown bits from the chicken.  Bring to a boil and simmer about 3 minutes until thickened.  Spoon the cream sauce over the chicken and serve!
Just cream cheese and stock; no need to get complicated.

Whisking!


I love this one.  I love this recipe for it's simplicity, it's ease, and it's versatility.  I can switch up the sauce flavors just by changing the cream cheese.  My boys can enjoy their crispy chicken un-sauced while my husband and I go for an extra spoonful or two.  AND I can have it done, ready, and on the table in less time than it takes to watch the evening news.  BONUS!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment