Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Caesar Chicken Sandwiches

This is an easy one.  So easy that I'm sure most of you have already done this, or at least a variation of salad-dressing-marinated-chicken.

But just in case this one hasn't occurred to you yet, I want to make sure I pass it along.  It's easy, and, in the words of my oldest, "this sandwich is FANTASTIC!"

Caesar Chicken Sandwiches
Recipe from my mother-in-law

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing, plus more for the sandwiches [Or use whatever creamy dressing you prefer]
4 slices provolone cheese
2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
4 hamburger buns or kaiser rolls

1.  In a resealable plastic bag OR between two sheets of plastic wrap, pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness.  Yes, you really do need to pound them.  I've tried the shortcut way of just cutting them in half and pounding makes for a more tender, tastier sandwich.
Pounded and ready to go!


2.  Place the pounded chicken and salad dressing in a resealable plastic bag and squish around to make sure everything is coated.  Marinate in the fridge at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Creamy bath


3.  Preheat the broiler.  Remove the chicken from the marinade, shaking off the excess, and lay on a broiler pan.  Broil about 5 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through.
Meh, a little excess dressing isn't going to hurt ;)


4.  Put a piece of provolone cheese on each chicken breast and melt it under the broiler.  Build the sandwich on your favorite bread or roll, a couple slices of tomato and a healthy schmear of dressing.
Good with steamed mixed veggies and oven fries.


Now, when I made these, I wasn't sure how Gavin would take to Caesar dressing so I made his with Ranch.  He DEVOURED the sandwich.  He asked for seconds.  And I lost count how many times he said how good the sandwich was.

Sometimes the best meals are the simplest ones. :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment