Thursday, June 5, 2014

This Week's Meal Plan

This is going to be my last posted meal plan for a few weeks.

Our June and beginning of July is so crazy, so wacky, so all-over-the-place that for sanity and home security reasons I'm going to keep relatively quiet here about our specific schedule.

I'll still try to post recipes when I can, and of course news of our CSA which starts NEXT WEEK ALREADY (holy crap how did that happen??). But I'll hold off on public meal plans until sometime after the 4th of July.

Thursday

  • Leftovers. Going on two weeks now with a non-functioning microwave. Which means I haven't been eating them for lunches. Which means we have extra leftovers that neeeeeeeeeeed to be consumed. I dearly hope I get my microwave back this weekend.

Friday


Saturday

  • Experiment! Beast Brats. If you know me on Facebook, then you know we experienced Miller Park's The Beast this week. It's a brat, stuffed with a hot dog, wrapped in bacon, smothered in grilled onions and "Stadium Sauce," all on a pretzel bun. Sounds good right? Eh...it wasn't the flavor and texture happiness explosion I expected it to be. So of course Rob challenged me to do better. Challenge accepted!
  • Hot dogs for the boys
  • Corn on the cob
  • Salad. I'll need some good, leafy greens to combat the main course!

Sunday

  • Grilled steaks. I might top mine with some spicy arugula.
  • Hakurei turnips sauteed in butter and honey. This is a dish Rob made last year for himself and loved. We ordered some turnips from our CSA farm's store this week so he can finally make them for the boys and me.
  • Baked potatoes

Monday

  • New Recipe! Chicken Marsala
  • Roasted asparagus
  • Rice

Tuesday

  • Leftovers. Just in case that microwave doesn't get fixed when I hope it will.

Wednesday

  • Dinner out. I think I've earned it.


Happy planning!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment