Thursday, August 16, 2012

This Week's Menu

It's really difficult coming up with a varied meal plan when your in the mood for one particular ingredient.  Some days I'm only inspired by chicken recipes. Last week, I looked back and realized I was on a pork kick.  *sigh* Sorry about that!  Whenever this happens I need to take a step back and think through what I need for meals (1 chicken, 1 beef, 1 pork, 1 pasta, 1 seafood, 1 vegetarian even if Rob gives me The Eye for it, and 1 leftover night).  I think I got the variety right this week:
  • Friday:  New Recipe! Pizza Monkey Bread..............and yes, popcorn too.
  • Saturday: Heading to a friend's house for the 2nd Annual Rib Cookoff.  Rob won last year's Best Overall, and I'm still trying to get him to hand over his rub and sauce recipes!  I'm excited to see what he does this year.
  • Sunday: Date night!!  And I think just some simple sandwiches for my boys.
  • Tuesday: Sloppy joe's, fries, and fresh carrots (or any fresh, crisp veggies I happen to have in my fridge)
Happy planning!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment